Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Walking On

“It’s always necessary to know when a stage of one’s life has ended. If you stubbornly cling to it after the need has passed, you lose the joy and meaning of the rest. And you risk being shaken to your senses”. - Paulo Coehlo, The Fifth Mountain.

In our life we face many times when we enter a state of transition; the passing of a sweet relationship, the farewell of a loved one, the loss of a job. Surely we have had our fair share but I’m sorry but there’s more to come. Because life is as such, it’s about keeping up that gait of yours till the final passing.

We all hate goodbyes, dang I even hate birthdays cause each birthday and each good bye is bidding farewell to the stage of life that has just past. I look back and I think: has the time I spent been a total waste or has it? Were there any life lessons I could pick up to help better my walk? If I could have done better, how then can I do it?

This state of transition that we’re in is an opportune time to take some time off the ever flowing pace of life and just close your eyes and reflect. Think of your current pace of life, contemplate your next step, and if you’ve got a lot of time, do something you’ve never done before but always wanted to do. Go celebrate life for each passing of a stage is the entry into another.

Please make sure you have closure for the stage that has passed. Throw a party, go for a getaway, do something stupid, just do something that can signify you leaving the past because when you enter the next stage in life, you don’t want weights from the past still pulling you back. When baby eagles learn to fly, they just drop out of their nest, off the cliff and they drop at least 10 feet. What a way to signify the passing of their youth; They then open their wings and fly. Those that didn’t leave the nest never did survive.

I wish I could have relived many parts in my life again, then again when I thought about it, it could have progressed differently if i tried again and no amount of trying would have resulted in a more perfect memory than the one that has just past. Smile and keep walking. I have always liked this advert and it shall end this post.




Smile!

No comments: