Saturday, March 22, 2008

My First Time

First times are always memorable. First times give new meaning to something. First times breath freshness and renewed energy. The first time I ever got hypnotized, "reality" developed a whole new meaning.

I remembered the first time I stepped into Hypnae Center. I was looking asking about the Hypnotherapy Course then. My first impression of the center was that of awe. Never would I have imagined a hypnotherapy clinic in our sunny little Island. This realm of therapy seemed to me then to only exist in TV shows.

I partnered Dolly during the 2nd day of the course and we practiced hypnotherapy on each other. The moment she brought me under the hypnotic state, my reality distorted. My sense of smell enhanced 3 folds, I could smell the Milo powder on the table outside the room. My sense of hearing sharpened to the point where I could hear blood rushing throughout my body. My sense of touch heightened such that I could feel every waft of air that comes either from people walking by or Dolly's notes waving in the air. I felt myself sink and symbiotically merged with the chair. I then felt myself rise up into the air and stayed suspended in limbo, feeling absolutely relaxed. Strangely enough, though I had my senses all enhanced, my focus was only on Dolly's Voice. Her voice was the invisible hand that guided me through my experience. Her voice was my compass.

It felt strange then to feel so alert yet ironically so relaxed at the same time; Being so aware of the surroundings yet not pay particular attention to any stimulus. This was my first time.

Having described my first time getting hypnotized....when will it be yours?


To know more about Hypnosis
Visit our website at

No comments: